Having smells coming from your furnace is nothing new. Sometimes it is nothing; sometimes it is dangerous. But what are the smells that you should be worried about? Why does it happen, and what can you do to get rid of them?
Why Does My Calgary Furnace Smell?
When it comes to your furnace smelling, there are two distinct categories: harmful and harmless.
Harmful odors are dangerous and should you smell them, you should turn off your furnace and call in a furnace repairs company in Calgary immediately. The smells can include:
- Rotten eggs, which is usually a sign that there is a problem with your furnace’s natural gas supply. Don’t let it run if you notice the smell of rotten eggs.
- Burnt electricity is another sign that there could be something wrong with your furnace. Turn it off and call a professional immediately.
- The smell of chemicals is also another indication that there are problems with your furnace.
Then there are harmless smells, which although smell bad, are not harmful in any way. They include the following:
- The dust smell is usually an indicator that your ducts are full of dust, and potentially, bacteria. It could be because you haven’t got a duct cleaning service in a while or your furnace haven’t been used.
- The dirty socks smell is a sign that your ducts have not been cleaned in a long time, so there is no need to panic.
- Burning Oil, although sounds alarming, means that your furnace filter is clogged.
How To Get Rid Of Your Furnace Smells
As we mentioned above, if you smell any harmful odors coming from your ducts or furnace, you should immediately stop using it and get it checked by a professional. From their assessment, you might need a few furnace repairs, or in the worse case, a furnace replacement.
However, if you notice any harmless smells, you can quickly get them removed by getting your furnace and ducts cleaned. With furnace duct cleaning, all potential dust and bacteria will be removed, leaving you with a nice smelling and clean house.
Make sure you get an expert furnace or HVAC care with Advanpro Ltd. If you have any questions or comments about installations, repairs or cleaning for your furnace we are here to help. Speak to one of our experts today.Phone: 403-873-7779 Email: [email protected] | Website