FIREPLACE CLEANING & CHIMNEY SWEEPING CALGARY
Remove built-up soot from your chimney and fireplace.
Special pricing: $199.95 — don't put it off any longer!
Clean your chimney for a safer home.
Enjoy the warmth and safety of a professionally-cleaned fireplace.
Your fireplace warms your home and sets the mood for relaxing evenings by the fire, but it also accumulates soot in your chimney. If the soot is allowed to build up, it puts your property at risk for a fire.
With more than a decade of experience cleaning fireplaces and sweeping chimneys, we’re proud to offer Calgarians access to expert technicians with upfront pricing and no hidden costs or surprise fees.
Fireplace Cleaning FAQs
Routine fireplace cleaning and chimney sweeping removes soot build-up to protect your home or business and maintain heating efficiency.
The typical fireplace should be cleaned every 2-3 years. If you use your fireplace often, more frequent cleaning may be necessary.
Soot build up or unusual smells (plastic or smoke) are also signs that your fireplace should be cleaned and inspected.
A burnt plastic smell is caused by the accumulation of dust, debris, hair, skin cells and pet dander behind the glass of your gas fireplace. As they are exposed to heat, they emit an unpleasant smell.
It’s normal to notice a plastic smell if you haven’t used your fireplace for a little while, or if it’s a newly-installed unit.
It is normal to notice a faint gas smell when the fireplace is first lit.
If you smell gas after the pilot light is on or when the unit is not in use — immediately turn off the gas valve feeding the fireplace. Then, open nearby doors and windows to let the fumes escape.
If the smell persists, you should call your local utility provider so that they can identify the source of the leak.
No, unlike wood-burning fireplaces, gas fireplaces don’t produce smoke. They do produce exhaust gas, which should only escape from your chimney or flue.
If your chimney or flue gets blocked, or your fireplace is improperly installed or vented, exhaust gas can remain inside your home. This is dangerous, because the exhaust gas contains carbon monoxide.
To prevent this from happening, you can take the following precautions:
- Inspect your fireplace regularly for leaks and proper operation.
- Clean your chimney to prevent the buildup of debris and residue, and to remove any blockages. This can also help eliminate plastic smells.
- Install a carbon monoxide detector in the same room as your gas fireplace to warn you immediately of any leaks. Test it regularly!